Cross Country (Captain)
SALSA (Students Advocating Life without Substance Abuse), President
Operation Support the Troops
Attending: Boston College
- When did you start at Thayer?
- How did the Middle School prepare you for the Upper School?
- What are your plans for next year?
- What’s the first word that you think of when you think of Thayer?
- What was your most challenging class at Thayer?
- What’s your favorite food in the dining hall?
- If you could give advice to incoming freshmen what would you say?
- What’s your favorite memory from Thayer?
My senior year, I decided to take AP Calculus - which was a challenge for me. It was my first honors math course. However, Mr. Cedrone told me, ‘I’m willing to put in the work if you are.’ So before most tests I would meet with him and do extra problems, and I found myself wanting to do well for him, and was motivated to do the tough work.
Go in with an open mind. In Middle School I played football, basketball, baseball and I got three concussions. My parents told me I needed to find a new sport. As a kid in Middle School, I hated running. If the coach would tell us to go to line I was the first kid to fake an injury or something to leave. I tried cross country because I knew I wanted to do some sort of fall sport to meet kids. I tried it and I ended up loving it.
In cross country we took 4th place in New Englands this year. It was really cool because the past three years before we had been at the bottom of the league. I think it was amazing for the four senior runners to see how much the program had grown and to see that all of our hard work and all the training during the year paid off.