Swimming and Diving, Manager
Hometown: Deyang, China
Attending: Carnegie Mellon University
- What was your favorite class at Thayer?
- What are your plans next year?
- How did you decide on that major?
- How did College Counseling help you find Carnegie Mellon?
- What will you miss most when you graduate?
- What was your favorite book that you read at Thayer?
- What’s your most memorable academic experience?
- If you could give advice to incoming freshmen, what you would tell them?
I started taking programming this year, and I really liked it. I was looking at computer science programs, but I don’t want to focus purely on computer science, I was looking for a program that covered multiple disciplines. This program at Carnegie Mellon includes computer science and business and liberal arts.
I had Mr. King both sophomore year and junior year. I was most nervous about English class because English is not my first language, and I was not sure what to expect. Because of how nervous I was, I wrote an email to Mr. King about what I was concerned about. He was really patient and always available for extra help. With his help, I was able to improve and gain more confidence in that class.