Swim & Dive (Varsity, Manager)
Art Club (President)
Cum Laude Society
Hometown: Beijing, China
Attending: Parsons School of Design
- How has Thayer influenced you both as a student and as a person?
- What was your most challenging class?
- Who is your favorite teacher at Thayer?
- What do you plan to study in college and why?
- What will you miss most about Thayer Academy?
- What’s an interesting fact about you that most people don’t know?
- What is your most memorable academic experience?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What’s one of your favorite quotes?
- In what grade did you start Thayer, and what advice would you have given yourself on that first day?
Thayer has really helped me to grow as a person, and the opportunities that I’ve had here have really helped me in my art career. Mrs. Koskores has been so helpful, whether it’s helping me to build my portfolio or telling me about exhibits or just giving me inspiration and ideas for my work. It helped me to formulate my decision to study the arts in college.
My grandma. She’s an artist herself. She didn’t start taking classes until she was 50, but at her house I would always watch her painting and sketching. She does Chinese Traditional painting, and it inspired me to mix the cultures to create my own artwork. My aunt is also an artist living in Paris, and she was able to put together a family art exhibit there.