School Year Program
Students in grades 5 to 10 can attend the School Year Program on Saturday mornings from 9am to noon at Thayer Academy. The program instructs students in exam taking techniques, including organizing effectively and preparing body and mind for successful exam outcomes. Preparatory courses are offered for tests such as the ISEE, HSPT, & SSAT.
On Saturdays instruction and tutoring focuses on English Language Arts and Mathematics. Classes are small, typically with only 6 to 8 students, which helps provide personalized attention and instruction. In addition to the academic enrichment, cultural enrichment and personal development activities are implemented in working towards Project RISE goal of empowering student’s self awareness and self efficacy.
Highlights of the School Year Program include:
- Academic accelerated small group tutoring in Math and English, as well as Standardized Test Prep (ISEE, HSPT, & SSAT) instruction
- Accelerated work in Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, Geometry, Trigonometry
- Accelerated work in English, essay writing, critical and analytical writing
- Peer-tutors who provide one-on-one academic support
- Cooperative learning groups based on age and ability
- Cultural enrichment programming promoting responsible decision making, self awareness, social awareness, self-esteem, and self-efficacy, and empowerment.
Parents are responsible for transportation to and from Thayer Academy.
October 2019 - January 2020
October: 19, 26
November: 2, 16, 23
December: 7, 14,
January: 11, 25
February - May 2020
February: 1, 8, 22, 29
March: 7, 14
April: 4, 11, 25
May: 2, 9, 16, 30