Spain Trip Application
Thayer's Spanish Cultural Immersion Trip
Chaperones: Marc Rando
We are happy to announce that we will offer another trip to Spain this summer. The trip is open to students in grades 10 and 11 who are in level II or higher of Spanish at Thayer.
This is an opportunity for students to have a culturally enriching and educational experience in historic Spain. Students spend the first part of the trip in Madrid, visiting some of the main attractions of that amazing European capital, before visiting other historical cities, such as Toledo and Salamanca. The second part of the trip is a homestay and visit in Vigo, Galicia, in the northwest part of the country. This trip is meant to enrich students' language and Spanish cultural learning experiences in addition to opening their world to friendships with native Spanish speakers in their country.
This trip is ideal for Thayer students studying Spanish who are:
- interested in a culturally immersive experience
- want to learn more about Spanish foods and customs
- would like to practice their Spanish speaking skills with native speakers
- like active outdoor activities as well as some museum tours
- have an open mind and willingness to be adaptive and collaborative
- understand there will be moments when they may be a bit out of their comfort zone
The cost of the trip is $3,800. Thayer Academy does have some funds available to offer limited financial assistance for school trips to those students who are already receiving financial assistance. Eligible students interested in applying for financial assistance should fill out the separate application below.
Please Note: In cases where assistance is offered, it will be 10-20% less than is offered for tuition assistance. Typically a student is eligible only once for such assistance while he/she is in Middle School and once while in Upper School.
- Friday, November 8: Financial Aid Request Deadline
- Friday, November 15: Trip Application and $1,500 initial deposit due
- Friday, February 7: Final balance of $2,300 due (final cost of trip may be made any time before this. Financial Aid recipients will pay final balance due.)
Make checks payable to Thayer Academy, with “Spain Trip” written in the memo. Please drop off check or mail directly to the Business Office.
Along with submitting your application through the form below, please download and print the Trip Application Signature Page.
After submitting the form below, you will receive an email confirmation with your completed application. Please print your complete application and present it with the signature page to each person whose signature is required for your application (parent(s)/guardian(s), advisor, recommendations, Ms. Gately, Nurse Cunningham). Once you have gathered all your signatures, please staple your application to your signature page and submit to Mr. Rando.
|Itinerary: June 8-19, 2020|