Thayer Academy Parent Association
- Meetings and Events
- TAPA Calendar (full, monthly view)
- The Parents' Independent School Network (PIN)
- TAPA 2019-20 Meetings
- Coffees with the Directors (sponsored by TAPA)
- Community Events
- Social Events for Parents (NEW for the 2019-20 school year!)
TAPA hosts three school-wide general meetings each year. These meetings take place in the fall, winter and spring semesters. We invite all parents to attend and experience our interactive meetings with timely topics and relevant speakers.
TAPA First Friday Coffee
Friday, September 21, 2019
8 - 9:30 a.m.
Center for the Arts Lobby (CFA)
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Homecoming is Thayer’s most spirited and highly anticipated annual on-campus tradition that displays Thayer’s fall sports teams from the Upper School. It is a day for all Thayer Academy families, alumni, and faculty to come together and celebrate. In addition to the athletic events, activities planned by Thayer’s parents will include carnival games, a petting zoo, face painting and a bake sale. Thayer merchandise exclusively ordered for Homecoming will also be on sale. Parents can volunteer in many different ways to prepare for Homecoming and can volunteer to help on the day of the event.
Thayer Auction 2020
Friday, March 6, 2020
26th Annual General’s Open Golf Tournament, Tennis Event, & Cocktail Reception
Monday, May 18, 2020
The 26th Annual General's Open will take place at Black Rock Country Club in Hingham. The funds raised for the 2020 General's Open will be directed to Thayer's financial aid program. Parents, alumni, and friends will participate in what promises to be a day filled with cordial competition both on the court and course, as well as delicious lunch and reception menus, great silent auction items, and a lively post-golf cocktail reception.
Casual get-togethers for each grade held in parents' homes. Dates TBD
Hosted on campus by Head of School Ted Koskores ‘70 P ‘10, ‘13
5th & 6th Grade Social
Thursday, October 3, 2019
7th Grade Social
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
8th Grade Social
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
9th & 10th Grade Social
Thursday, October 24, 2019
11th & 12th Grade Social
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
To subscribe to a calendar in your calendar app (Google Calendar, iCal, etc):
- Click on the gray RSS icon at the top right of the calendar.
- Select the calendar you want and click on the green "iCal" button.
- Click "Add to your default Calendar app".
The Parents' Independent School Network (PIN)
What is PIN? The Parents’ Independent School Network, Inc. (PIN) is a volunteer group of parents with children who are students at New England-area independent elementary and secondary schools. PIN was formed to help parents share ideas and promote worthy programs at these independent schools.
What are PIN's goals?
- To discuss topics of mutual concern
- To share ideas and practices which have benefited member schools and their students
- To sponsor educational events
- To support and foster PIN member schools’ community service programs
- To encourage each representative to work closely with his or her school and the school’s parent organization to disseminate ideas and information learned from the meetings
- To share information through our Community Bulletin Board about upcoming PIN member school events open to the public
How do you become a member? Since your child is student at Thayer, you are already a member of PIN! Thayer's Parent Assocation, TAPA, pays the PIN dues each year, so all parents may benefit from the parent education programming that PIN organizes.
What is a PIN representative? One or two parent representatives from each member school attend five meetings each year. These PIN Reps serve as the conduit between the diverse school communities. At PIN meetings, Reps gather to share information about topics relating to non-academic issues, listening to speakers and panels, and participating in discussion groups. Thayer's PIN reps. will then report the information they learned back to Thayer, and these notes are published in TNN to share with the parent community.
Who are Thayer's PIN Representatives?
Middle School: Eileen McCormack P '21, '23, Kerri Coughlin P '24, '26
Upper School: Mamie Marcus P '20, Rebecca King P '16, '17, '20