Middle School Drama Information
Hello, Middle School theater troupe!
I very much look forward to performing together again this fall. This year will be a little different due to the coronavirus, but my goal is to ensure as many students as possible get an opportunity to participate. Please review the sign-up information below.
The Drama activity for the fall trimester will be a one-act play which includes 24 students. Spaces are available by audition to 7th grade and 8th grade students only. This activity meets FOUR times per week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during Elective/Activity period.
You will be able to sign up for Drama activity using Sign Up Genius during the first three days of school: Wednesday, September 9 through Friday, September 11. You can find this sign-up link in the daily announcements.
Students who are interested in participating must sign up by the end of the school day on Friday, September 11.
- Drama activity auditions will be held September 14-17.
- Auditions will consist of a hybrid model, allowing for both in-person and online auditions.
- During auditions, we will read through the script multiple times together to ensure everyone is allowed a chance to read more than once.
- At the end of auditions, a final cast list will be sent out via email to all members who auditioned.
- If you were not selected for this production, you will have the opportunity to join another activity/elective.
- Other activities will begin the following week.
The Drama activity for the winter trimester will be a one-act play which includes 24 students. Spaces are available by audition to 5th grade and 6th grade students only. This activity will meet FOUR times per week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during Elective/Activity period.
The Drama activity for the spring trimester will be determined by updated safety conditions regarding the virus. Priority will be given to students who have not yet participated in a performance and have auditioned for prior shows. This activity meets FOUR times per week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during Elective/Activity period.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.