Summer Workout Program for Strength, Speed & Conditioning
June 17 - August 22 (10 weeks)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings, 4 - 7 p.m.
This is a NO COST PROGRAM for THAYER STUDENTS.
- Open to all Upper School and rising 9th graders.
- Sign up for the whole summer or week-by-week.
- Go on vacation! Then come back and continue to train.
Thayer's Strength, Speed & Conditioning Program prepares athletes to compete in all sports.
- Get all the training you need to be a better athlete
- Work on skills that you don't have time for in regular season sports
- Get faster, stronger, more agile & fit
- Be prepared for team tryouts in the fall
- Set a customized workout program for the entire year
2 Sessions Each Night
- STRENGTH - An organized, progressive, full-body strength program in the
Fitness Center, and learn age-appropriate olympic lifts.
- SPEED & CONDITIONING - Train on the track, grass and turf. Get faster and
build endurance for all sports.
What you accomplish this summer will benefit you throughout the year. In-season or out-of-season, you'll stay in shape.
- You will be ready for fall tryouts: stronger, faster, more agile
- You won't ache during tryouts
- This program helps prevent injuries as it makes the body stronger
- You'll be ready to enter a competitive season
- Appropriate nutrition education
- Fitness Center Director
- Athletic Dept Strength Coach for many Varsity Teams
- WBBF World Champion Body Builder
- Nutrition expert
- Former Div I college athlete (Named All Conference A-10)
- 41 years of coaching experience – 27 yrs at Thayer Academy
- USATF Certified – speed/endurance development specialties
- Assistant sprint coach Wheaton College – 6 years
- 49 ISL and NE T&F Championships
- 6 ISL and NE XC Championships
- Former Div I college athlete