Private Music Instruction
Private lessons offered during the school day for the following Instruments:
Interested in private music lessons? Complete the sign-up form below.
Private Lesson Policies
- Teacher biographies and contact information will be provided when lessons are scheduled.
- Thayer Academy's Arts Department provides a robust music program that includes the opportunity for students to take individual lessons during the school day, on campus.
- Scheduling is based on the availability of the student in coordination with the availability of the teacher. Although it is rare that we are unable to schedule lessons, it is sometimes unavoidable due to scheduling conflicts.
- Lessons are scheduled as an additional class during the academic day and will be treated as such.
- Lessons take place once a week, during a student’s study hall or conference period, and are a full school-year commitment (October-May).
- Lessons are scheduled in September, and begin in early October.
- The cost is $43 per half-hour lesson. Music lesson charges will be added to parent's Smart Tuition account the third week of the following month.
- Missed lessons require a 24-hour advance notice to the lesson teacher. If a student fails to give the required advance notice, the family will be charged $43 for a missed lesson.
Private Music Lesson Coordinator | Middle and Upper School Ensemble Director | Bass Instructor