Setting up your mobile phone
Setting up your mobile phone for Text Alerts
To receive text messages from Thayer you need to activate your cell phone first – to confirm your phone number and to acknowledge that you will be charged for the messages by your cell phone provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) according to your billing plan.
- Log in to your account by navigating to the top of the website and clicking on your section in the gray bar.
- When the login screen appears, enter your user name and password.
- Hover over your name at the top right of the screen and a dropdown menu will appear. Click Profile and check to see if your mobile number is listed. If there is no mobile number in your record, click on Add a Phone Number.
- From the dropdown menu, select Mobile Phone, then enter your number, scroll down and click Update Profile.
- Click on the pencil icon next to your phone number, and click Enable Text Message.
- Select your mobile carrier from the drop down menu, then scroll down and click the Update Profile button.
- Click the red Verify link, then click the red Request Code link to send a verification code to your cell phone via text.
- Enter that code and click Verify.
Sign up for Athletics Text Alerts for individual teams
- While you're still logged in, go to the Athletics Schedule.
- Click on the gold bell icon at the top right of the page.
- Select the team you want and click on Alerts.
- Under Manage Team Subscription, select whether you want to be alerted by email or phone (text).
- Select whether you want...
- A reminder before each game
- An alert when there are cancellations, postponements, or changes
- An alert giving scores when they are posted.
- Click on Update Settings.
Pull an Athletics team schedule into your Calendar app
- While you're still logged in, go to the Athletics Schedule or your Team Page.
- Click on the gray RSS icon at the top right of the page.
- Select the team you want and click on the green "iCal" button.
- Click "Add to your default Calendar app".
Add a button on your Home Screen to directly access a Team Page (instructions for iOS/iPhone)
- Open up Safari and navigate to the webpage. You may choose the Teams, Schedules and Results page to be able to access all teams from the same Home Screen button, or you can create separate Home screen Buttons for each team you would like to access (here is Varsity Football's team page as an example.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the icon of a square with an up arrow. Scroll through the action options and tap on "Add to Home Screen".
- Type a name for your Home Screen button (i.e. "Thayer Teams" or "Varsity Football") and save.
- The button will appear on your Home Screen and now you can tap it to go directly to that page.