Team Pages & Upcoming Games
Upcoming Athletics Events
Tryout & Practice Info
Off-Campus Practice Locations
Thayer Sports Center
1535 Washington St, Braintree
Blue Hill Ski Area
4001 Washington Street, Canton
Blue Hills Regional High School
800 Randolph Street, Canton
Upcoming Athletics Events
Upper School Winter Tryouts
Thursday, November 17 (Varsity Tryouts Only)
Girls' Basketball | 2:00-3:30 (Memorial Gym)
Boys' Basketball | 2:00-4:00 (Alumni Gym)
Girls' Hockey | 4:00-5:30 (Thayer Sports Center)
Boys' Hockey | 2:15-3:45 (Thayer Sports Center)
Wrestling | 2:00-4:00 (Tigers Den)
Friday, November 18 (Varsity Tryouts Only)
Girls' Basketball | 3:45-5:45 (Alumni Gym)
Boys' Basketball | 3:45-5:45 (Memorial Gym)
Girls' Hockey | 3:40-5:10 (Thayer Sports Center)
Boys' Hockey | 5:20-6:50 (Thayer Sports Center)
Wrestling | 3:30-5:30 (Tigers Den)
Saturday, November 19 (Invite-Only Varsity Tryouts)
Girls' Basketball | 9:30-11:00 (Memorial Gym)
Boys' Basketball | 11:00-1:00 (Memorial Gym)
Girls' Hockey | 1:00-2:20 (Thayer Sports Center)
Boys' Hockey | 2:30 vs. Proctor (Thayer Sports Center)
Wrestling | 10:00-12:00 (Tigers Den)
Monday, November 21 / Tuesday, November 22
(Varsity Practices Only)
Monday, November 28 (Varsity / JV / 3rds / MS)
All Winter Athletics and Activities Begin
- IMPACT Testing
- Waiver forms for Off-Campus Athletics
- Club Sport Games & Showcase Tournament Participation Form
ImPACT (Immediate Post Concussion Assessment & Cognitive Test)
Click here to download a printable PDF
Instructions for Baseline Testing
All Thayer Academy students must take the computerized ImPACT baseline test every 2 years. The test can be completed on a home computer and takes about 30 minutes.
ImPACT is a simple cognitive assessment tool that helps health care providers to:
- Assess for concussion after a student sustains a head injury.
- Guide a student-athlete’s safe return to play.
Before beginning the ImPACT test, the student should:
- Be supervised by a parent/guardian when taking the test.
- Have access to a computer with an external mouse. (A laptop can be used as long as also using an external mouse. TouchPad and TrackPoint will not work for this test.)
- Close out of all applications except the ImPACT site within your Internet browser.
- Turn off the pop-up blocker in your Internet browser. (The test will not launch if the pop-up blocker is on. Be sure to turn the pop-up blocker back on when you are finished.)
- Ensure that the testing environment is free of noise and other distractions. You will need to concentrate and exercise your memory.
- No talking. No cell phones. No sound on the computer.
Steps to begin the test:
- Go to the ImPACT Online Test site by clicking https://www.impacttestonline.com/htmllauncher/
- Enter the Customer Code: E44CVM3UES.
- Click “Launch Test”.
- Choose your preferred language to take the test. (English is the default).
- Answer the questions about “demographic information” and “current symptoms and conditions”. Note: # of years completed in school = your year in September minus 1. (e.g. If you're entering 9th grade in September, the number of years completed = 8).
- Proceed with the test.
- At the end, when prompted, be sure to include your email address and firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent a confirmation that includes an identifying “Passport ID”.
- Please make sure Thayer Academy is identified in the screen as shown below.
Once the test is completed:
A parent/guardian must log in to Magnus Health and enters the date of the completed test.
If you have questions about taking the baseline ImPACT test, please contact the Athletic Trainers (email@example.com).
Waiver forms for Off-Campus Athletics
Club Sport Games & Showcase Tournament Participation Form
Athletics Department Staff
Athletics Department Staff & Coaches Contact Information
You can also find all coaches' contact information on each team's page.
|Athletics Department Staff|
|Athletics Director||Bobbi Moranfirstname.lastname@example.org||781.664.2247|
|Middle School Athletics Director||John Reidemail@example.com||781.664.2289|
|Associate Athletics Director||Kristin Parnellfirstname.lastname@example.org||781.664.2246|
|Associate Athletics Director||Brad Peterson 'email@example.com||781.664.2327|
|Head Athletics Trainer||Ellen Malloyfirstname.lastname@example.org||781.664.2273|
|Athletics Trainer||Garett Butkuss P 'email@example.com||781.664.2244|
|Athletics Trainer||Anne Lallyfirstname.lastname@example.org||781.664.2250|
|Equipment & Uniform Manager||Jacob Speddenemail@example.com||781.664.2604|
|Strength & Conditioning Coach||Blair Bennettfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fall Sports - Upper School Coaches / After School Activities|
|Football||Jeff Toussaint 'email@example.com|
|Field Hockey||Kayla Florence 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boys' Soccer||Ian Wheeleremail@example.com|
|Girls' Soccer||Nick Rugnetta 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boys' Cross Country||Joe Pelletieremail@example.com|
|Girls' Cross Country||Jeff Browne P '04, 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Crew - Instructional||John Gearyemail@example.com|
|Winter Sports - Upper School Coaches|
|Boys' Hockey||David Hymovitz 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls' Hockey||Brandy Fisher Bailey P '28, 'email@example.com|
|Boys' Basketball||Mike Jones 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls' Basketball||William O'Dwyer 'email@example.com|
|Boys' & Girls' Skiing||Heidi Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-Ed Wrestling||Jeff Kent P 'email@example.com|
|Swimming & Diving||Samantha Taylorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Spring Sports - Upper School Coaches|
|Baseball||James Pierce 'email@example.com|
|Boys' Lacrosse||Bill Dayefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls' Lacrosse||Anni McDonough Zukauskas '94 P '28, 'email@example.com|
|Boys' Track & Field||Mike Jones 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls' Track & Field||Jeff Browne P '04, 'email@example.com|
|Boys' & Girls' Crew||John Gearyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls' Tennis||Sally Goldman P '99, '00, 'email@example.com|
|Boys' Tennis||Mike Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-Ed Golf||Robert "Bo" Crameremail@example.com|
- What is a team parent?
- What are team dinners?
- What is an End-of-Season Team Banquet?
- Where can I find team rosters?
- Where can I find my child’s team schedule?
- How do I sign up for Athletics Alerts for my phone and computer?
- Does Thayer provide uniforms?
- How do I buy sports-specific athletic gear?
- Where can I buy Thayer merchandise?
- Does Thayer provide transportation to and from games?
- Does my child have a locker in the locker room?
- Does Thayer wash uniforms?
- Does Thayer provide snacks and drinks for the practices and games?
- How do I find information about spring trips?
- Does Thayer have an athletic trainer available if my child gets hurt or needs advice?
- What are the Athletics Policies and Requirements?
What is a team parent?
Historically at the varsity level, captains’ parents plan team events and organize a food/drink schedule. However, these events and schedules are welcome at all levels (JV and Thirds) so that these athletes can have the same bonding experiences. If a parent is interested in helping the team in this manner, please reach out to the coach. Click here to read about Team/Captain's Parent Guidelines.
What are team dinners?
Team dinners are a wonderful tradition at Thayer in which team members gather as a team bonding experience. Often organized at the varsity level, they are welcome at the sub-varsity level as well. If you are interested in hosting or simply coordinating a dinner, please reach out the team parent or coach. Events include potluck dinners, pizza or pasta parties, and team breakfasts before a game. Please ask for volunteers to host with all families contributing so that it is not a burden on the host family. To reserve an on-campus space for an event, please contact Barbara Browne (firstname.lastname@example.org or 781.664.2268).
What is an End-of-Season Team Banquet?
Each Upper School Varsity Team will be recognized at an awards ceremony on campus at the end of their season in lieu of individual team banquets held off campus. This will be an event sponsored by the Athletic Department with the assistance of the Team Captains and the Thayer Academy Parent Athletic Council.
Where can I find team rosters?
Team rosters can be found on each individual Team Page. You can access all Team Pages via the Parents Section, under Athletics (thayer.org/parents/athletics), or in the main Athletics section of thayer.org under “Teams, Schedules & Results” (thayer.org/athletics/teams-schedules-results).
Where can I find my child’s team schedule?
Team schedules can be found on each individual Team Page. You can access all Team Pages via the Parents Section, under Athletics (thayer.org/parents/athlettics), or in the main Athletics section of thayer.org under “Teams, Schedules & Results” (thayer.org/athletics/teams-schedules-results).You can set up Athletics text alerts to receive a text whenever there’s a change in the schedule, and you can also subscribe to Team schedules to pull into the calendar app you use on your phone or computer.
Click here for instructions on how to set up Athletics text alerts and how to make your team’s schedule appear on your default Calendar app.
How do I sign up for Athletics Alerts for my phone and computer?
Does Thayer provide uniforms?
How do I buy sports-specific athletic gear?
Your child will be assigned a team uniform. If he/she would like sport-specific athletic attire in addition to this, they can find descriptions of what is available to purchase on their Team Page. You can access all Team Pages via the Parents Section, under Athletics (thayer.org/parents/athletics), or in the main Athletics section of thayer.org under “Teams, Schedules & Results” (thayer.org/athletics/teams-schedules-results).
Where can I buy Thayer merchandise?
The Campus Store is located in Cahall and is open during school hours. Click here to view a limited selection of items available for sale in the Campus Store.
Does Thayer provide transportation to and from games?
Your child will be transported by Thayer to and from their sporting events. If you wish to drive your child or have them drive themselves, you must ask the AD and the coach for permission. You are allowed to drive your child home from a game or your child can leave with another student after informing the coach.
Does my child have a locker in the locker room?
Does Thayer wash uniforms?
Does Thayer provide snacks and drinks for the practices and games?
How do I find information about spring trips?
Does Thayer have an athletic trainer available if my child gets hurt or needs advice?
Yes. The athletic training room is located on the ground level of the Sawyer Athletic Complex, adjacent to the Fish Center for Physical Fitness. There are three satellite Athletic Training Rooms, at the South Athletic Complex, at the Boch Ice Center, and at the Canton Sportsplex.
Click here to see more information about Sports Medicine at Thayer.