Thayer fetes eight on NLI Signing Day
Eight senior student-athletes took part in Thayer’s NLI (National Letter of Intent) Signing Day Celebration Wednesday morning in Memorial Gym. Surrounded by family, friends, faculty and staff, and fellow classmates, the seniors received cheers, hugs, and congratulations as they signed their letters and made their college choices official.
“These young people have done the work,” Athletic Director Bobbi Moran told the crowd as she praised the student-athletes for their commitment to both academics and athletics. She also made a point of acknowledging the family members in the audience, noting that such individual accomplishments don’t happen without family support.
Seniors signing their decision letters at the Nov. 9 event were:
- Izabella Amonte, who will play lacrosse at Boston University.
- Tucker Chanenchuk, who will play lacrosse at Stony Brook University.
- Beau Chouinard, who will play lacrosse at the College of the Holy Cross.
- Emma Dahl, who will play basketball at Assumption University.
- Cameron Dayton, who will play baseball at Quinnipiac University.
- Charlie Denomme, who will play baseball at the University of Michigan.
- Aoibhe Gormley, who will play basketball at Boston University.
- Antonia (Toni) Ierardi, who will play field hockey at Merrimack College.