To write your TAPA Service Award Essay, please address each of the following questions in detail by providing examples from your community service experiences. Your response should be a minimum of 5 paragraphs and no more than 2 pages.
How to determine the length of your essay: An average 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper, contains approximately 500 words or 2,500 characters - assuming that you've used 12 pt type and single-line spacing. So your essay should not be longer than 1,000 words or 5,000 characters. The box below can take 5,000 characters.
1. Which community service activity has meant the most to you?
2. When and how did you first get involved with this activity and what made you stay committed to it?
3. Who have you helped through community service, and in what way?
4. What types of skills have you developed by doing community service?
5. How has your community service experience made you think differently about others?
6. How has it changed you and made you think differently about yourself?
7. Has your community service work influenced your plans for college and your future? Please explain.
8. What are your plans for participating in community service after graduation? (You might want to name an organization that interests you and why. Does this service opportunity exist at the college you are planning to attend?)
If you would prefer to type your essay in a word document, you can submit it by email to Mrs. Michelle Flaherty P'19 (firstname.lastname@example.org).