Thayer Academy is a co-educational day school for grades 5-12. Most of our students live within a 30- or 40-minute driving distance from our Braintree campus. Thayer admits students for fall enrollment only; students are not admitted at mid-year or in the spring. Thayer is a day school with no boarding facilities, and our preference is for international students to live with their parent(s) or guardian(s) in the local area. If that is not possible, after a student has been accepted, Thayer’s Admissions staff will discuss helping the student find homestay arrangements.
The vibrant, highly selective international program at Thayer Academy provides a small group of international students with a unique cultural and educational experience in the Boston area.
The International Admissions Process, Step-By-Step
Documents required with your application:
- Student section and essay
- Parent/guardian section
- English evaluation (by a teacher)
- Math evaluation (by a teacher)
- School evaluation (including current grades and previous transcripts)
- Test scores (SSAT and either Duolingo or TOEFL)
- Special interest evaluation (optional)
An interview is not required but it is strongly encouraged.
FAQs: Questions Frequently Asked by International Students
- Does Thayer Academy require an interview?
- How many international students does Thayer typically enroll each year?
- Does Thayer offer courses supporting English as a Second Language?
- What is the application fee for international students?
- Is financial aid available to international students?
- Are there any additional fees for international students?
- How many international students are currently enrolled at Thayer?