International Students

Please inform Ms. Welch if the student has permanent US residency.

International students without permanent US residency will need a Visa to study at Thayer Academy. Thayer Academy provides an I-20 Form for students who have been admitted and enrolled at the school in order to gain an F1 Visa. Thayer requires international families to complete the following before an I-20 Form can be issued:

  1. Sign contract
  2. Pay tuition deposit
  3. Provide financial information (a copy of a bank statement)
  4. Provide a copy of the student's passport
  5. Complete required forms (print, complete, scan, and email these forms to

Host Families

(For grades 9-12 only)

If the student is in need of a host family, please contact Jenn Welch (, 781.664.2219). The host family search will commence once tuition deposit and all required documents have been received. 

Health Insurance

Thayer Academy offers health insurance for international students. It is mandatory for all I-20 students and optional for resident aliens.

International Student Health Insurance Enrollment


Jennifer Welch

Jennifer Welch

Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Director of International Student Enrollment

Additional Forms

International Student Travel Form
This form needs to be completed EACH TIME a student is traveling out of the state (Massachusetts) or country (United States).

International Student Driving Permission Form
This form is ONLY for those students over 16 years old who intend to get a driver's license.