In English, students develop an understanding of themselves and others through reading and writing, while honing their communication skills for success in college and beyond. Four years of English are required for graduation. Honors sections (English IH, IIH, Senior Seminar H) are offered to freshmen, sophomores, and first semester seniors with outstanding verbal abilities as evidenced by past performance and standardized test scores. Advanced placement sections-- English III AP: Literature and Composition and English III AP: Language and Composition--are offered in the junior year to qualified students. Second semester seniors choose one English course from the spring semester’s electives. A number of the senior courses meet the requirements for the Global Scholars Program.
- English: Crossing Borders: Journeys and Transformations
- English: Crossing Borders: Global Journeys
- English: Rag and Bone Shop: A Reading and Writing Workshop in Poetry
- English: Scene to Screen
- English: Newsworthy
- English: Sliver of Truth: The Art of the Short Story
- English: Unreal: Literature that Sparks Imagination