Summer 2023 participant eligibility:
Students in grade 5 (entering grade 6 in fall 2023) in Boston and the South Shore area.
Dates & Details
The Thayer Academy Collaborative will run between July 10 - July 28, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m..
- Determination of Eligibility: Students in grade 5 (entering grade 6 in fall 2023) attending Braintree area public schools.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, snack) and transportation are provided.
- Academic classes take place Monday through Thursday, with field trips on Fridays.
- Students take classes in English, math, and science.
- Each class is taught by a lead teacher and a teaching assistant.
- Weekly enrichment activities include: Media Production, Robotics & Coding, and Music & Visual Arts.
- Please be advised that while the Collaborative aims to help students reach their highest academic potential, we do not have educators specifically trained in special education.
For additional information, please contact the Thayer Academy Collaborative Program Director Marie Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org | 781-848-2337) or Thayer Academy DEIB Director Matt Ghiden (email@example.com | 781-848-2334).
All registrations take place online, and students are selected on the basis of academic performance, personal motivation, teacher recommendations, and parental involvement.
The application must include the following:
- Medical Report of Physical Exam & Immunizations (When submitting, parents/guardians may use their physician's form instead of the form linked here)
- Participant Medication Authorization (As needed)
- Transportation Form
Sample Daily Schedule
|8:30 - 9 a.m.||
|9 - 9:15 a.m.||
|9:15 - 10 a.m.||
Class A: English / Class B: Math
|10 - 10:15 a.m.||
Recess / Snack
|10:15 - 11 a.m.||
Class A: Math / Class B: Science
|11 - 11:45 a.m.||
Class A: Science / Class B: English
|11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||
|12:15 - 12:30 p.m.||
|12:30 - 2:30 p.m.||
Week 1: Visual Arts
|2:30 - 2:45 p.m.||
Change for the Pool
|2:45 - 3:15 p.m.||
Dismissal / Load Bus