Summer 2023 participant eligibility:
Students entering grades 5-7 in fall 2023 in Boston and the South Shore area.
Dates & Details
The Thayer Academy Collaborative will run between July 10 - July 28, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Determination of Eligibility: Students entering grade 5-7 in fall 2023.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, snack) and transportation are provided.
- Academic classes take place Monday through Thursday, with field trips on Fridays.
- Students take classes in English, math, and science.
- Each class is taught by a lead teacher and a teaching assistant.
- Weekly enrichment activities include: Media Production, Robotics & Coding, and Music & Visual Arts.
- Please be advised that while the Collaborative aims to help students reach their highest academic potential, we do not have educators specifically trained in special education.
For additional information, please contact the Thayer Academy Collaborative Program Director Marie Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org | 781-664-2337) or Thayer Academy DEIB Director Matt Ghiden (email@example.com | 781-664-2334).
All registrations take place online, and students are selected on the basis of academic performance, personal motivation, teacher recommendations, and parental involvement.
The application must include the following:
Sample Daily Schedule
|8:30 - 9 a.m.||
|9 - 9:15 a.m.||
|9:15 - 10 a.m.||
Class A: English / Class B: Math
|10 - 10:15 a.m.||
Recess / Snack
|10:15 - 11 a.m.||
Class A: Math / Class B: Science
|11 - 11:45 a.m.||
Class A: Science / Class B: English
|11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||
|12:15 - 12:30 p.m.||
|12:30 - 2:30 p.m.||
Week 1: Visual Arts
|2:30 - 2:45 p.m.||
Change for the Pool
|2:45 - 3:15 p.m.||
Dismissal / Load Bus