Thayer Academy's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Since it first opened its doors in 1877, Thayer Academy has fostered a co-educational environment that affords equal access to students from a broad range of socio-economic circumstances, so they may pursue and develop their talents, interests, and passions.
Thayer Academy remains committed to providing a safe, welcoming, and inspiring environment for every student in our community. We value the commonalities that unite us and celebrate the diversity which makes this community stronger and more vibrant -- a diversity that embraces, but is not limited to: race, religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, learning style, physical ability, family makeup, and socioeconomic status.
The plan seeks to address issues of racial inequity and identify specific action items for change while guiding Thayer to become an antiracist community.
- Diversity Day Celebrations at both the Middle and Upper Schools
- Middle School Diversity Day Bring 'n' Share
- Upper School OMEGA Family Potluck Dinners
- Dr. Martin Luther King Day of Service & Breakfast
- International Student Welcome
- Lunar New Year Celebration
- Learning-Through-Travel trips to other countries/cultures
- NAIS Students of Color & Diversity Conferences, including the Student Diversity Leadership Conference