Leading by example in the classrooms and laboratories, on the playing fields, theater stages, dance floors, art studios, or behind the scenes, Thayer Academy's faculty and staff members continue the tradition of excellence, achievement, and inspiration that has characterized our school since its founding in 1877. If you would like to join our community, please contact us. Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Network Systems Administrator manages, supports, maintain and develops school wide Microsoft Windows Server Management and Windows personal computer deployments. Manages and integrates the use of system technologies such as: AZURE, VMWare, Veeam EMC VNX, Sophos, Watchman, G-Suite, S2 Security, Lenovo Unified Workspace, Proxy Servers, Lightspeed, and others as needed. The administrator will provide direct device support to students, faculty and staff. This is a salaried full-time position. Reports to the Director of Technology.
- Ensure stable IT infrastructure and architecture management for the following services: DHCP, DNS, AD, SSO, Certificates, Printer, Group Policies.
- VMware vCenter management
- Implement and support virtual servers and desktops using VMware Virtual and Citrix Infrastructure
- Create & maintain AD user accounts, permissions and passwords. Sync using LDAP and ADFS to populate other systems such as G-Suite, SIS, Lenovo Unified Workspace, O365 and SAAS apps.
- Check Backup system utilizing Veeam, EMC Data Domain & GreenCloud. Perform disaster recovery operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security and cyber security utilizing Sophos, Cisco Firepower and Watchman and other network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Regularly apply hardware, software, application and management tool upgrades/patches to assure performance, stability and security.
- Provide input and recommendations for the acquisition, deployment, adoption, usage, operations, maintenance and management for Network hardware and software tools.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Utilize help ticketing system and provide end-user support for faculty, staff and students. Diagnose hardware and software problems. Identify help ticket patterns and provide systematic solutions.
- Maintain inventory of system network, PC equipment and supplies.
- Collaborates with technology team on policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for acquiring, maintaining and expanding knowledge of relevant products.
- Participates in weekly IT meetings.
- Provides support for Makerspace software such as Adobe for 3D printing, laser cutters, CNC.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Management Information System, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administering, deploying, managing and supporting Microsoft networking, MS windows server certification and implementing operational automation scripts.
- Certifications and/or Windows certified support professional.
- In depth knowledge of network security i.e. virus protection and data intrusion.
- Team player who can effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with administrating (SaaS) including but not limited to, Azure, G-Suite, Lenovo Unified Workspace, Veeam, Sophos, Watchman, Lightspeed, Adobe,and PrinterCloud.
- Ability to lift/move 10 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision.
- Regularly required to stand: walk: sit and reach with hands and arms.
Interested parties send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Theresa Jay, Director of Technology.