Employment Opportunities at Thayer Academy
2014-2015 Teaching Openings
Upper School History
Responsibilities: Teach Upper School Social Studies courses that would likely include European and/or American History. Serve as academic advisor to approximately 6-8 students. Coach at least one sport or supervise a major extra-curricular activity.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a Social Studies or Social Science Major; 3-5 years teaching experience at an independent school; and facility with creative use of technology.
Application Process: Please send a brief cover letter and resume to Upper School Director Highley Thompson. firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor of The Hanflig Technology Center
The Supervisor of the Hanflig Technology Center reports to the Director of Technology and is charged with promoting the use of educational technology in support of the Academy’s Mission. The supervisor collaborates directly with faculty and the student Hanflig Technology Fellows to support technology integration across campus.
- Identifies and translates emerging technology resources into practical teaching applications that are instrumental in teaching & learning. Introduces these resources to faculty through the Hanflig Technology Center.
- Coordinates the planning of in-depth professional development sessions in technology for faculty. Implements professional development sessions in using technology for teaching and learning
- Collaborates with faculty through workshops, seminars, one-on-one sessions, co–teaching, and student projects in the effective and appropriate use of technology in all content areas.
- Provides assistance for online blogs, wikis, and emerging instructional resources.
- Teaches technology courses in support of curriculum in both the Middle and Upper Schools. These courses include intro to programming, such as scratch and robolab.
- Oversees the Hanflig Technology Fellows program which serves as a tech support group for our 1:1 program.
- Co-mentors the Hanflig Technology Fellows working on their experiential technology projects.
- Identifies and reports outcomes in the instructional technology program, and makes improvements to enhance technology growth and integration.
- Collaborates with technology committee members and participates in other meetings to convey/gather information on technology programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology
Qualified candidates have a master's degree in Instructional Technology Design or similar and 3 year's experience using instructional technology, especially iPad apps, in teaching and learning. Qualified candidates also have experience in conducting workshops/training for faculty. Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Information Technology Theresa Jay (email@example.com).
2014 Spring Coaching Openings
- Middle School Softball
- Middle School Girls' Lacrosse
- Middle School Boys' Lacrosse
Responsibilities include organizing and running practices to teach specific skills as well as leadership and sportsmanship. Teams practice Monday-Friday, 2:15-3:30. In addition, there are usually two games per week. Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy complies with and adheres to all state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. Thayer Academy does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability, or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, promotions, transfers, termination, re-employment, education, tuition assistance, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.