Employment Opportunities at Thayer Academy __________________________________
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy complies with and adheres to all state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. Thayer Academy does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability, or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, promotions, transfers, termination, re-employment, education, tuition assistance, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The Athletic Director reports to the Headmaster. The primary responsibilities of the Athletic Director are to oversee the interscholastic athletic program of Thayer Academy; to directly manage the interscholastic athletic activities of the Upper School; to supervise the Middle School Athletic Director’s management of the Middle School athletic program; and promote the maximum involvement of our students in athletic activities.
- Plan and implement the athletic programs of the Academy. Implicit in those responsibilities is to supervise the Academy’s athletic trainers, coaches, teachers, and plant operations staff to ensure student and staff safety.
- Hire, manage and evaluate a first-rate coaching staff for all interscholastic sports.
- Oversee all game scheduling, and officiating.
- Plan and manage the operating and capital budget of the Athletic Department.
- Represent the Academy in various athletic organizations.
- Participate at Thayer Academy Admissions, Alumni, Development events, etc., as required.
- Participate on Admissions Committee and Senior Administrative Team.
- Coach, as appropriate.
- Address parental concerns in a productive manner.
- Maintain high standards in the areas of sportsmanship and game management for all teams and coaches.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in senior athletic administrative roles preferred.
- Experience in the independent school environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Record of positive, energetic, prudent and inclusive management style.
Direct Letter of Interest, Resume, and List of References to Kristan Gately, Upper School Dean of Students and Chair of the AD Search Committee.
Preferred: Submit materials via email and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.