Employment Opportunities at Thayer Academy
2014-2015 Teaching Openings
Supervisor of The Hanflig Technology Center
The Supervisor of the Hanflig Technology Center reports to the Director of Technology and is charged with promoting the use of educational technology in support of the Academy’s Mission. The supervisor collaborates directly with faculty and the student Hanflig Technology Fellows to support technology integration across campus.
- Identifies and translates emerging technology resources into practical teaching applications that are instrumental in teaching & learning. Introduces these resources to faculty through the Hanflig Technology Center.
- Coordinates the planning of in-depth professional development sessions in technology for faculty. Implements professional development sessions in using technology for teaching and learning
- Collaborates with faculty through workshops, seminars, one-on-one sessions, co–teaching, and student projects in the effective and appropriate use of technology in all content areas.
- Provides assistance for online blogs, wikis, and emerging instructional resources.
- Teaches technology courses in support of curriculum in both the Middle and Upper Schools. These courses include intro to programming, such as scratch and robolab.
- Oversees the Hanflig Technology Fellows program which serves as a tech support group for our 1:1 program.
- Co-mentors the Hanflig Technology Fellows working on their experiential technology projects.
- Identifies and reports outcomes in the instructional technology program, and makes improvements to enhance technology growth and integration.
- Collaborates with technology committee members and participates in other meetings to convey/gather information on technology programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology
Qualified candidates have a master's degree in Instructional Technology Design or similar and 3 year's experience using instructional technology, especially iPad apps, in teaching and learning. Qualified candidates also have experience in conducting workshops/training for faculty. Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Information Technology Theresa Jay (email@example.com).
Associate Director of College Counseling
Thayer Academy, an independent, co-educational day school in Braintree, MA is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Associate Director of College Counseling. The Associate Director will join a college counseling team that works closely with a class of about 120 students each year, helping advise them through the college search and application process. The qualified candidate will enjoy working with adolescents, providing them with support and guidance. A successful candidate should be a strong communicator and collaborator who can work effectively with students, parents, college counseling staff, college admission representatives, and Thayer faculty. The ideal candidate is an experienced college counselor and/or college admission representative who demonstrates a refined understanding of the college application process. The candidate should be an effective recommendation writer, dependable with meeting deadlines. It is preferred that the candidate have an understanding of social media and technology, including knowledge of Naviance. Ideally, qualified candidates should have a master's degree and at least 3 year's experience working in the college counseling field.
Other responsibilities include advising students, facilitating workshops, meeting with college representatives that visit Thayer, making presentations to parents, administering AP exams, visiting college campuses, attending professional conferences, designing college counseling materials, managing college counseling electronic resources, and planning other college counseling events. In addition, Thayer college counselors are expected to teach in an academic field and become involved in campus life in other capacities (i.e., coach, club advisor, committee member, etc.)
Please send resume and cover letter to Thad Robey, Director of College Counseling (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy complies with and adheres to all state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. Thayer Academy does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability, or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, promotions, transfers, termination, re-employment, education, tuition assistance, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.