I•m•P•A•C•T & Athletic Tryouts
In order to play team sports, each athlete must do two things before the first tryout date:
- Take the ImPACT*
- Submit all medical forms to School Nurse Kathy Monahan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is a computerized test that you can take on your home computer. The results are submitted to Thayer electronically. Please follow this link for baseline testing: www.impacttestonline.com/sportsconcussionnewengland.
Before Beginning the ImPACT, Make Sure That ...
- You have access to a computer with an external mouse. You have to use a desktop computer, not a laptop because TouchPad and TrackPoint mice don't work for this test.
- You have closed out of any applications other than ImPACT and your Internet browser.
- You have turned off the pop-up blocker in your Internet browser - the test will not launch if the pop-up blocker is on. (Also make sure to turn the pop-up blocker back on when you are finished.)
- You are settled into an environment free of noise and other distractions - you will need to concentrate and exercise your memory.
Steps to Begin the Test
- Launch the baseline test.
- Insert the Customer ID Code: 94348CF120 (case sensitive).
- Choose the language to take the test in (English).
If you have questions about the ImPACT, please contact Head Athletic Trainer Ellen Malloy (email@example.com or 781.664.2273).
For questions about medical forms, contact School Nurse Kathy Monahan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 781.664.2299).