Open Summer Hours in the Fitness Center:
June 10th through 17th - 2 to 4 PM
Closed on Monday, June 17th
June 18th through 21st - 2 to 4 PM
June 24th through 28th - 3 to 5 PM
July 1st through 3rd - 4 to 6 PM
Closed on July 4th and 5th
July 8th through 11th - 4 to 6 PM
July 15th through 18th - 4 to 6 PM
July 22nd through 25th - 4 to 6 PM
July 29th through August 1st - 4 to 6 PM
August 5th through 8th - 4 to 6 PM
August 12h through 15th - 4 to 6 PM
August 19th through 22nd TBD
August 26th through 29th TBD
Open workout/Captain’s Practice days for interested student-athletes:
Mon. Aug. 12th 4 to 6 PM on campus fields
Wed. Aug. 14th 4 to 6 PM on campus fields
Thu. Aug. 15th 4 to 6 PM on campus fields
Mon. Aug. 19th 2 to 4 on turf field and 4 to 6 on campus
Wed. Aug. 21st 2 to 4 on turf field and 4 to 6 on campus
Thu. Aug, 22nd 2 to 4 on turf and 4 to 6 on campus
Mon. Aug. 26th 2 to 4 on turf field and 4 to 6 on campus
Wed. Aug. 30th 2 to 4 on turf field and 4 to 6 on campus
* Please contact the varsity Captain’s of each sport to find out any other specifics as it relates to Captain’s practices. The Athletics Office does not have specifics around each team’s pre season workouts, as these are optional workouts that are planned by the players and captains of each fall varsity sport. If you do not have the Captain’s contact information, you can retrieve it from our Head Varsity Coaches listed on our Athletic Directory page of the website.
Tryout Start Dates and Times:
* If there are any sport-specific questions about start dates, equipment needs, or tryouts, please feel free to contact any of the varsity coaches under the "Athletics" tab and “Athletics Directory” where all of their email addresses are listed.
* JV practices and tryouts will be communicated in announcements, and on the white board in Sawyer lobby, but will not start before the first day of classes.
Sat. Aug. 31st 9 to 11 and 2 to 4 on campus
Mon. Sept. 2nd 9 to 11 and 2 to 4 on campus
Boys' and Girls' Soccer:
Tue. Sept. 3rd 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM on campus
Field Hockey, Boys' & Girls' XC, intramural Crew, Intramural Girls' Volleyball:
Wed. Sept. 5th 3:30 to 5:30 PM
* Each varsity coach will communicate all further tryout dates after the first day of tryouts. And all game schedules are located online under the “Athletics” tab and “Teams and Schedules” at www.thayer.org.
Other Important Announcements . . .
ImPACT Cognitive Testing Instructions
* All student athletes must take the computerized ImPACT (Immediate Post Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) test (can be done on your home computer) before the first tryout date or he/she cannot compete.
ImPACT Testing Instructions
*Sign log onto the internet & GO to ~
*Follow the instructions as written
*Use the PULL down menu & select: Thayer Academy
*# of years COMPLETED in school; meaning year in school~minus 1.
*Second language ~ only IF FLUENT in that language!
*Supervised by parent
Turn off all cell phones
Turn off the sound on the computers
If you have any further questions about what the ImPACT cognitive assessment is, please e-mail or call Head Athletic Trainer, Ellen Malloy, at email@example.com or at 781 664 2273. It is basically a very simple cognitive online assessment that drastically helps our Athletic Trainers more objectively measure the severity of any type of concussion to help determine when a student-athlete can safely return to play. Many other ISL and NEPSAC schools also use ImPACT.
* All medical forms must also be completed in order to participate in sports. Please e-mail or call School Nurses Kathy Monahan at firstname.lastname@example.org - (781) 664 2299 or Shelly Creager at email@example.com - (781) 664-2463 regarding any questions related to health forms.
Important Field Hockey Announcement
* The NFHS requires the wearing of goggles nationally. As such, the Thayer field hockey program (varsity, JV, 3rds, and middle school programs) recommends the following goggles for purchase as soon as possible, as supplies will disappear as the season approaches:
Bangerz HS-5500, black frames with yellow lenses.
All returning players will be purchasing these specific goggles, and it is strongly recommended that if you plan on participating in any level of Thayer field hockey, you purchase these same goggles. Wire goggles as worn in lacrosse are emphatically discouraged, as they inhibit both upwards and downwards vision. No one in the upper school will be allowed to play with these goggles, as they create more danger in the game. If you have questions please feel free to contact the varsity coach, Erin Cash, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation.