Winter 2013-2014 Varsity Tryout Schedule:Boys' Hockey -
tryouts begin Monday, November 18 4:00-6:00 at the Canton Sportsplex (one-way transportation available to CSP)
- tryouts begin Monday, November 18 4:00-4:50 at Boch Ice Center (one-way transportation available to BIC)
- tryouts begin Monday, November 18 4:30 -6:00 in Memorial or Alumni Gymnasium
Skiing - Informational meeting Monday, November 18 at 3:30; dryland training will begin Tuesday, November, 19 from 3:30 to 5 PM
Swimming and Diving - tryouts begin Monday, November 18 3:45 dryland workout at Thayer. Tuesday, 11/19 at Weymouth Club 3:30 to 4:30 (one-way transportation available to Weymouth Club).
Gymnastics - practices begin Monday, January 6 3:30-5:00 at Joan's Olympic Gym
Boys' JV Hockey - tryouts begin Tuesday, November 26th at the Canton Sportsplex at 5:10p. Thayer will provide transportation to the Sportsplex at 4:00.
Girls' JV Hockey - tryouts begin Monday, November 25th at the Canton Sportsplex at 5:10p. Thayer will provide transportation to the Sportsplex at 4:00.
*All JV and 3rds practices and tryouts will begin on Monday, November 25th unless otherwise stated in announcements or on our Information Monitors.
* All Middle School tryouts begin on Monday, December 2nd.
*The gymnasiums will be closed on Tuesday, November 12th and wednesday, November 13th to allow student-athletes time to rest between seasons and use the time to catch up on academic work. The gymnasiums will be available on Thursday, November 14 and Friday, November 15 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm for open gym hours.
Other Important Announcements . . .
ImPACT Cognitive Testing Instructions
* All student athletes must take the computerized ImPACT (Immediate Post Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) test (can be done on your home computer) before the first tryout date or he/she cannot compete.
ImPACT Testing Instructions
*Sign log onto the internet & GO to ~
*Follow the instructions as written
*Use the PULL down menu & select: Thayer Academy
*# of years COMPLETED in school; meaning year in school~minus 1.
*Second language ~ only IF FLUENT in that language!
*Supervised by parent
Turn off all cell phones
Turn off the sound on the computers
If you have any further questions about what the ImPACT cognitive assessment is, please e-mail or call Head Athletic Trainer, Ellen Malloy, at email@example.com or at 781 664 2273. It is basically a very simple cognitive online assessment that drastically helps our Athletic Trainers more objectively measure the severity of any type of concussion to help determine when a student-athlete can safely return to play. Many other ISL and NEPSAC schools also use ImPACT.
* All medical forms must also be completed in order to participate in sports. Please e-mail or call School Nurses Kathy Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org - (781) 664 2299 or Shelly Creager at email@example.com - (781) 664-2463 regarding any questions related to health forms.