MBTA (the T)
Thayer Academy is just a 5-minute walk from the Braintree MBTA stop - the last stop on the Red Line. Students can purchase a T-Pass through Thayer's Business Office by completing a CharlieCard Registration Form.
Thayer's Shuttle to & from Braintree MBTA (T) Stop
Students can take Thayer's shuttle service between the T stop and campus.
- Morning Pickup Location The underground garage, across from the entrance to the T
- Morning Shuttle Schedule Leaves the T station at 7:15, 7:35 & 7:55
- Afternoon Shuttle Schedule Leaves campus at 3:45, 4:30 & 6:00
- Wednesdays only - 1 additional shuttle at 2:30 On Wednesdays, the shuttle leaves at 2:30, 3:45, 4:30 & 6:00
Thayer is also on the #230 bus route that runs from the Quincy Center T station to the Montello Commuter Rail station. Thayer's stop is at the corner of Hobart Avenue and Washington Street.
Bus Service Registration
Register for Thayer's Bus Service»
Thayer Academy Bus Schedule
Thayer offers 4 different North or South Shore bus routes. All bus stops are detailed on the schedule shown below.
- Bus Stop Eliminated The South Elementary School Stop on Rte #3 Cohasset-Hingham, has been eliminated as of 17 September 2015.
- Students must be waiting at their bus stops before the scheduled departure times. Some of the stops are on heavily-traveled roads where the drivers cannot wait for late students. Drivers have been instructed not to wait beyond the times listed here, in order to arrive at school on time.
Afternoon Bus Departure from Thayer The bus leaves from Thayer at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise indicated on the school calendar.
Questions about whether the bus is running on time? Feel free to call the Joseph Ingle Bus Company (781.982.9193).