1 Interview & Campus Tour
You can visit Thayer for a campus tour and interview while you are here. Individual interviews and campus tours are available from September 15 - February 1. Please call the Admission Office at 781-664-2221
for specific times and dates.
In October, Thayer hosts Open House events – one each for the Middle and Upper Schools. Prospective students and their families can tour the campus, hear from faculty and students, and pick up materials.
- Upper School Open House → Saturday, October 26, 2013 @ 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
in the Center for Performing Arts
- Middle School Open House → Saturday, November 2, 2013 @ 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
in the Center for the Arts (CFA)
Submit the preliminary application form and one-time $50 fee (no later than February 1). Application forms can either be downloaded from this site or requested online. If you have any questions about the application process, please call or e-mail us.
You will need three or four recommendations to complete the application, so you should ask for reference letters from:
1. Your current math teacher
2. Your current English teacher
Also ask for
3. A school evaluation from a current Placement Director, Guidance Counselor, or Principal
4. A personal reference from someone you know who is not related to you (Optional)
All of these documents should be submitted by the application deadline: February 1
After the first marking period, ask an administrator at your current school to send a transcript of academic work and testing to Thayer's Admission Office (745 Washington Street, Braintree MA 02184).
5 Admission Test
• Candidates for grades 6 – 8 take the Independent School Entrance Exam ISEE (www.iseetest.org)
• Candidates for grades 9 – 11 take the Secondary School Admission Test SSAT (www.ssat.org)
You can register for both the ISEE and SSAT tests online. Numerous test dates and locations are available for both tests. Conveniently, Thayer's campus is a test center for many of these dates. All test information and registration materials are included in the Student Guides to Testing which are sent with our admission packet.