1 Interview & Campus Tour
You can visit Thayer for a campus tour and interview while you are here. Individual interviews and campus tours are available from September 29 - February 1. Please call the Admissions Office at 781.664.2221 for specific times and dates.
Submit the pre-application form and one-time $50 fee (no later than February 1).
Our application form can be downloaded and completed by hand or, after October 15, 2015, an online application will be available to complete here»
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Liz Bruno (781.664.2220 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
You will need three or four recommendations to complete the application, so you should ask for reference letters from:
1. Your current math teacher
2. Your current English teacher
Also ask for
3. A school evaluation from a current Placement Director, Guidance Counselor, or Principal
4. A personal reference from someone you know who is not related to you (Optional)
All of these documents should be submitted by the application deadline: February 1.
After the first marking period, ask an administrator at your current school to send a transcript of academic work and testing to:
Thayer Academy Admissions Office
745 Washington Street
Braintree MA 02184
5 Admissions Test
• Candidates for grades 6 – 8 take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) (www.iseetest.org)
• Candidates for grades 9 – 11 take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) (www.ssat.org)
You can register for both the ISEE and SSAT tests online. Numerous test dates and locations are available for both tests. For your convenience, Thayer's campus is a test center for many of these dates. All test information and registration materials are included in the Student Guides to Testing which are sent with our admission packet.