Leading by example in the classrooms and laboratories, on the playing fields, theater stages, dance floors, art studios, or behind the scenes, Thayer Academy's faculty and staff members continue the tradition of excellence, achievement, and inspiration that has characterized our school since its founding in 1877. If you would like to join our community, please contact us. Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Database Administrator manages, supports, maintain and develops school wide database systems. Coordinate and oversee the use of database systems across campus such as; Blackbaud onProduct suite, FENXT, RENXT, Magnus Health, Naviance, S2 security, Finalsite and others as needed. The administrator will provide direct technical support to staff, database training and communicate professional development opportunities. This is a salaried part-time position. Reports to the Director of Technology.
- Provides strategic management for efficient data flow across Thayer’s databases.
- Input faculty and staff information and maintain all constituent information.
- Support and train all database end users, support includes custom query and report requests.
- Assist current constituents including parents with onProduct suite logon.
- Assist Admissions and Business offices in online enrollment workflow.
- Manage constituent integration between OnProduct Suite, Finalsite and Raiser's Edge.
- Coordinate and execute regular synchronization of data between multiple applications via import and export or custom scripts.
- Develop, revise and maintain custom application programming interface (API ) using SDK at on-api.developer.blackbaud.com
- Develops policies, procedures and regularly runs audits ensuring data integrity and security.
- Collaborates with division Registrars to establish and maintain yearly school schedule, import class schedule from Class A and report card & transcript design.
- Tutors administrative office staff on developing queries to efficiently use the data to analyze trends and increase productivity.
- Participates in K-12 online Blackbaud community and annual conference.
- Chairs Thayer’s data committee monthly meeting and participates in weekly IT meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administering, reporting and querying Blackbaud databases.
- Proficient in MSSQL, MySQL Crystal Reports, online forms and Microsoft Office Excel.
- Application of best practices to database design and maintenance.
- Experience with scripts, APIs, and data importing/exporting to synchronize information between applications.
- Uphold confidentiality with regard to school records and other sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and team customer support and collaboration skills.
- Robust troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Detail-oriented management of multiple projects and day to day tasks.
- Ability to lift/move 10 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision.
- Regularly required to stand: walk: sit and reach with hands and arms.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume to Theresa Jay, Director of Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Alumni House is looking for an Alumni Relations Summer Intern (unpaid). In this role, you will gain valuable office experience including exposure to multiple departments within a Development Office, from Fundraising to Event Planning. You will be responsible for administrative tasks including research, event preparation, and database management.
Are you a Good Fit?
You will be a good fit for this position if you have a willingness to learn, are detailed oriented, and possess a positive attitude.
Day to Day Functions
- Assist with the efforts of internal specialists on targeted opportunities, with a goal of increasing the connection to alumni
- Help collect and update alumni contact information and enter that information into our database
- Solicit alumni with outstanding pledges for FY 17 and FY 18
- Live in the Boston area
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Accomplished range of skills from strategic thinking to detailed execution
- Ability to forge relationships internally and externally
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume to Brad Peterson '11, Young Alumni Leadership Giving Officer (email@example.com).