Leading by example in the classrooms and laboratories, on the playing fields, theater stages, dance floors, art studios, or behind the scenes, Thayer Academy's faculty and staff members continue the tradition of excellence, achievement, and inspiration that has characterized our school since its founding in 1877. If you would like to join our community, please contact us. Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Reports To: Director of Annual Giving
Description last revised: 9/18/17
Donor Systems Coordinator, reporting directly to the Director of Annual Giving, will provide primary oversight to all donor information systems for the Thayer Academy Development and Alumni Relations office, a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Responsible for reporting and analysis of data, gift processing and acknowledgements, as well as managing data import, data entry, data extraction, data integrity and other related activities. The Donor Systems Coordinator will work closely with the Thayer Academy Business Office, the Registrar and the Technology team to ensure proper flow of information across the Thayer Academy campus.
The Donor Systems Coordinator will be the lead contact for data analytics, gift processing and donor research and management. Data analytics and prospect research by the Donor Systems Coordinator will drive the major gift pipeline, which generates revenue for the Academy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database of approximately 20,000 constituent records. Maintaining data integrity, remaining up to date on all system updates and working closely with gift officers to ensure data and actions collected from donors is being recorded into their records.
- Manages the process of maintaining and updating the database including, but not limited to, performing regular quality checks, annual new student family uploads, obtaining and maintaining constituent email addresses, return address corrections, and periodic audits of donor files and database records.
- Manages the processing of gifts and pledges into the donor database, including employee payroll withdrawal, in-kind donations, events, solicitations, tributes and all online giving.
- Analyzes gifts and constituent data to determine and ensure that donor intent is honored and that all coding conforms to proper protocol and legal requirements.
- Manages the month-end process, trouble-shooting and auditing data as well as performing a monthly reconciliation review with the Business Office.
- Ensures the generation of acknowledgments for all gifts entered, within 24-48 hours of gift receipt in off-peak times.
- Manages the pledge fulfillment process including generating pledge reminders, working with gift officers on follow up with donors and conducts a monthly pledge review to ensure all monthly gifts have been received, recorded and acknowledged properly.
- Works with the gift officers to conduct donor research and maintain donor files, both paper and electronic, in an organized manner.
- Strategizes with the appropriate staff lead to manage the production of scheduled and on-demand targeted mailing lists, and data pulls in a timely fashion for events, direct mail, email and other communications campaigns.
- Works with gift officers to ensure that they are maintaining proper notes and actions on the prospects in their portfolio and leads a monthly pipeline meeting to discuss upcoming prospect proposals.
- Strategizes with Senior Management on a suite of reports to reflect the ongoing success and outcomes of all development efforts. Creates and generates scheduled and on-demand reports in a timely fashion, including the daily gift reports, weekly one page updates and anticipating reporting needs for key meetings including those of the Board of Trustees, Development Committee and Alumni Board.
- Oversees the creation, compilation and editing of all fiscal year end reports to be included in the Annual Report within two weeks of the end of the fiscal year.
- Works with matching gift companies when necessary to retrieve gifts, make inquiries, complete documentation, and resolve problems.
- Creates, reviews and updates documentation of gift processing procedures, appeals, matching and recurring gifts.
- Develops reports and manages the regular distribution of event data: invitation responses, ticket purchases, invoicing sponsorship pledges.
- Attend and assist with all Development Special Events (occasionally on weekends or evenings)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in data management or related activity with proven accuracy and efficiency preferred
- Experience in relationship databases preferred, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge fundraising database experience is most preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency with emphasis in Word, Excel, Google and competency in mail merges
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment to handle confidential information sensitively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and in collaboration with others
- Able to handle multiple projects accurately
- Possesses strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work with and process information in an analytical fashion
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and to handle confidential information with a high level of sensitivity ensuring the privacy of donors and prospects
- Strong math and computer competency required
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Mature professional judgment
- Superior follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Unflinching integrity seasoned with humor, perspective and curiosity
The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills of personnel so classified.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume to Neeta Beepath, Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com.