Leading by example in the classrooms and laboratories, on the playing fields, theater stages, dance floors, art studios, or behind the scenes, Thayer Academy's faculty and staff members continue the tradition of excellence, achievement, and inspiration that has characterized our school since its founding in 1877. If you would like to join our community, please contact us. Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity reports directly to the Headmaster; is a member of the Senior Administrative Team and the Administrative Forum; chairs the Committee of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; and is charged with informing the Academy’s strategic direction in areas of school life that pertain to inclusion and equity.
- In collaboration with members of the Senior Administrative Team and other administrators, faculty and staff members:
- improves effectiveness and success of recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff.
- recruits and supports students from diverse backgrounds and implements and reviews mentoring programs for those students and their families on an annual basis.
- promotes discussion and implementation of multicultural and inclusive curricular programs across both divisions.
- plans, develops, and markets diversity and inclusion-focused programs and events for students and families, and professional development workshops and programs for faculty and staff.
- Acts as liaison to the various diversity and inclusion-related groups in the school.
- Networks with diversity coordinators at other independent schools as well as leaders of relevant organizations.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, and attends conferences and professional meetings to remain current in diversity and inclusion issues.
- In collaboration with Head of School, the Administrative Team and the Committee of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity reviews and refines annually Thayer Academy’s strategic plan.
- At request of Headmaster, assumes responsibility for special projects that relate to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Consistent with other administrators, has other important responsibilities that result in broader engagement in the life of the school while still assuring time to devote to the aforementioned areas.
- Significant professional experience, ideally in independent schools, in matters related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaborative and efficient approach to responsibilities.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
Interested applicants for this position should e-mail Headmaster Ted Koskores (email@example.com) a two-page cover letter that articulates why you are interested in the Thayer Academy Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity position and a resume that summarizes your professional and educational background.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy complies with and adheres to all state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. Thayer Academy does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability, or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, promotions, transfers, termination, re-employment, education, tuition assistance, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.